If a college education with a Christian worldview is important to you, you should know for your college search that there are quite a few that offer full-tuition or even some with full-ride scholarships. This resource list is a handy reference to colleges/ universities that meet these criteria.
The colleges in this list are divided into two categories: (1) strictly bachelor’s-based scholarships; (2) primarily graduate scholarships with some having undergrad scholarships. While some of these full-tuition awards do apply to online students, many may not. So be sure to also look at our list of affordable Christian colleges with online bachelor’s degrees.
Undergraduate – One to Four Years
The schools in this category offer full-tuition scholarships for bachelor’s programs, with some awards applicable for the freshman year, and some for all four years.
- Full-Tuition Scholarship – Central Christian College of the Bible — Central Christian College of the Bible (CCCB) awards 100 new or transferring students (at Moberly campus) full tuition for up to 17 credits each semester (=$3,750/sem = $7.5K/yr). Lack of attendance to chapel or lowered GPA can result in a 20% loss of funds for a given reporting block. Students not qualifying for the FTS get awarded 80% of tuition (up to 18.5 credits per semester) through the Central Scholarship.
- Full-Tuition Scholarship – Barclay College — Barclay College offers a $14K full-tuition scholarship to all all students who are accepted into a program, with funds sourced from supporters. Students who are full-time and on-campus receive this amount yearly. For off-campus full-time students, the scholarship amount is $3700.
- Elim’s Full Scholarship Giveaway – Elim Bible Institute and College — Elim Bible Institute and College will award one qualified first-time freshman student tuition, room and board (max $15,880), plus a conditional $6.4K towards living expenses for a married winner. Books and fees extra.
- No Tuition – College of the Ozarks — College of the Ozarks provides a “Cost of Education” (CoE) scholarship, whose value is the difference between tuition and any Federal or State Grants. Requires participating in 15 hours on-campus work program, valued at $4,354. Students not eligible for federal/ state aid are covered with a larger CoE award value.
- Randall University Christian Ministry Full Tuition Scholarship — Randall University offers a full-tuition scholarship for full-time majors in Christian Ministry programs worth approximately $10,800 — or over $40K over four years of the selected program. This includes “degrees such as Pastoral Ministry, Youth and Family Ministry, Ministry and Business, Intercultural Studies (Missions), Theology, and Music and Worship Studies.”
- AU Scholarships – Anderson University — Anderson University has two different full-tuition scholarships, both 4-year renewable and both combined with merit-based scholarships (based on GPA). The awards: Center for Leadership Development (CLD) Scholarship; National Association of the Church of God (NACoG) Scholarship. Each scholarship requires membership in the given organization before application.
- Rev. James D. Parker Sr. Young Leader Scholarship – Cedarville University — Cedarville University, in partnership with the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association (FBFA), offers one qualified full-time student either a full or three-quarter tuition scholarship. Any major of study is eligible but applying students must be an FBFA church member.
- Full Scholarship – Trinity International University (TIU) — TIU has numerous undergrad scholarships, including up to 100% (but not specifically 100%) per year on both academic or athletic basis, a 50% Awana Missionary Scholarship, and lesser but significant awards . Some awards cover tuition and fees, others also cover room and board. Renewable up to four years based on GPA. These are invitation-only awards, but there are also athletic scholarships covering up to 100% (based on coach recommendation).
- Full Tuition Scholarships | Belmont University — Belmont University offers several full-tuition freshman student scholarships: Presidential Scholarship (5), William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship (1), Thomas J. Madden Ministerial Scholarship (1), Servant Leader Scholarship (1), Ingram Diversity Leadership Scholarship (4), E.S. Rose Scholarship (multiple). The Presidential, Ingram and Rose awards more than one student each, while the rest award one student each. Some awards are male- or female-only, others are for any qualified freshman student. Some but not all of these awards require a religiously-inclined major.
- Trustee Scholarship | Lipscomb University — Lipscomb offers the full-tuition Trustee Scholarship (10 freshmen) and several non-FTS awards. All awards are distributed based on SAT or ACT test scores and requires living on campus, although out-of-state students are eligible for some awards.
- Scholarships | Martin Methodist College — Martin Methodist College offers three different full-tuition scholarship awards for undergrad students: Barton Scholarship (two students), Ben Alford Church Leader Scholarship (2+ students), Future Educators Scholarship (one student). All three awards are renewable and have differing requirements.
- Competitive Scholarships | Covenant College — Covenant College has four scholarships including the full-tuition Maclellan Scholars Program, for first-time, undergrad degree-seeking students (dual-enrollment college credits acceptable). The program focuses on developing Christian leadership skills.
- Full-Tuition Scholarships | McMurry University — McMurry University offers multiple scholarships and grants with significant award value, including the Honors Program Scholarships, which pays between $15K up to full tuition per year (four years). While some Christian requirements are specified for some awards, that is not the case for the Honors award.
- Full Tuition Scholarship Package – Spartanburg Methodist College — Spartanburg Methodist College (SMC) covers the cost of tuition for qualified undergrad students automatically, through a package of institutional and state grants, and the South Carolina LIFE Scholarship — for a total value of about $15,750.
- Community College Full-Tuition Scholarship | Coe College — Coe College undergrad first-time and transfer students are eligible for the Full-Tuition Scholarship for Community College Students award, plus three $28K/year scholarships. There is also a Global Leadership Full-Tuition Scholarship for undergrads, and the Williston Jones Full-Tuition Scholarship Program.
- Full-Tuition Scholarships | Valparaiso University — Valparaiso University offers several scholarships (93% of undergrads get some financial aid – over $100M yearly), with up to full tuition for merit-based scholarships such as the Lutheran Leader Scholarship, which awards two students per year.
- Scholarships | Columbia International University — Columbia International University has numerous undergrad scholarships (nearly a dozen), including up to full tuition, based on test scores, academic achievement and other criteria.
- Full-Tuition Scholarship – Christendom College — Christendom College offers various scholarships including the freshman Padre Pio Full-Tuition Scholarship, which is based on academic merit. Award winners pay their own academic fees plus room and board costs.
- Scholarships | Union College — Union College offers a Board of Trustees Scholar full-tuition award for up to 12-17 credits in a maximum of eight semesters (worth over $85K across four years), as well as other scholarships and grants ranging from $20K-$52K (four-year total). Awards are merit-based.
- Scholarships | Westminster College — Westminster College offers nearly a dozen academic and merit-based (nominated) scholarships, including the full-tuition Presidential Scholarship worth nearly $35K per year. Award is for four years and requires maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA, amongst other criteria.
- Scholarships | Greensboro College — Greensboro College, affiliated with the United Methodist Church, offers a number of undergrad scholarships, including three that award full tuition: Barrett, Presidential and the Faith and Culture Essay Award. The latter specifically requires that students are majoring in Religion, with consideration given first to those taking specific minor subjects.
- Catholic Education Continuum Full Tuition Scholarship | St. Thomas University — St. Thomas University, affiliated with the Catholic Church, has a number of scholarships that are less than full-tuition, as well as the Catholic Education Continuum Scholarship, which awards full tuition (renewable four years) to one qualified student “from each Catholic High School,” based on a 3.0 GPA and other criteria.
- World Changers Scholarship Weekend | CCU – Colorado Christian … — Colorado Christian University offers their World Changers Scholarship — amongst over a dozen others for undergrads — to award full tuition for three qualifying freshmen students yearly, for up to eight semesters.
- Trinity Christian School Student Wins $126,000 as Finalist in Wimmer … — Saint Vincent College (SVC) offers over a half dozen scholarships (plus various grants), including the Wimmer Scholarship Competition that awards full tuition for eight semesters for the top five winners (>$130K), plus an 8-semester room and board scholarship for the 1st place student (>$179K total).
- Scholarships | Greenville U– Christ-centered Greenville University offers already accepted students an opportunity at a number of scholarships, including a full-tuition scholarship. Applications are completed in the calendar year prior to the freshman semester. To qualify, students must be already eligible for one of the following: Dean’s Scholarship; President’s Scholarship; Trustee’s Scholarship.
- Undergraduate Scholarships: Financial Aid Office: Loyola University … — Loyola University Chicago has nearly two dozen scholarships just for new and transfer undergrad students, plus additional scholarships and other financial awards in over a half dozen categories. Undergrad full-tuition scholarships include the National Merit/National Achievement Finalists (one award, with up to $2K for non-winners) and the Ignatian Scholarship (invite-only, awarded in freshman year).
- Types of Financial Aid — Bluefield College has numerous financial awards available, including the yearly Presidential Scholarship, which provides full tuition for two new full-time freshmen students. Renewable for four total years, based on GPA and other conditions.
- Full-Tuition Scholarships | Oklahoma Baptist University — Oklahoma Baptist (OBU), 99% of whose students receive financial aid of some form, has scholarships in seven categories, including Full-Tuition Scholarships. In the latter category, there are three options: University Scholar (eight freshmen per year), Allen Academic Scholar, Martin Academic Scholar – all for eight semesters/ four years, but each with different qualifying criteria.
- Scholarships | Union College — Union College (Kentucky), a Methodist organization, has over a dozen scholarship awards in three categories, including the Governor’s and Rogers Scholar Programs, both of which award up to full tuition based on academic merit.
- $0 Tuition Scholarship | Alice Lloyd College — Alice Lloyd College (ALC), ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report for student selectivity, and also recognized for its tuition guarantee, awards a $0 tuition cost to incoming students who are residents of its 108-county service area. This $0 tuition is awarded for up to 10 semesters.
- Saint Louis Christian College — St. Louis Christian College (SLCC) has over a dozen scholarships for new and returning students, as well as over a half-dozen non-institutional scholarships. SLCC specifies that interested students contact the Admissions department for details on full-tuition (and half-tuition) scholarships.
While most of the schools in this category offer full-tuition awards to master’s and/or doctoral students, a few also have undergrad full-tuition scholarships.
- Religious Education Teachers Scholarship – School of Theology and Ministry – Seattle University — Three Religious Education Teachers (future) studying in an MA in Pastoral Studies receive a full-tuition scholarship of approximately $16.6K. Must be Pierce County teachers employed in the Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools.
- Full-Tuition Grad Scholarship – Bethany Theological Seminary — Bethany Seminary offers two type of full-tuition scholarships (FTS) to MA and MDiv students. One is designed for full-time international master’s students who will return to their country after graduation and serve International Church of the Brethren over there. The other FTS is for U.S. Territories students (full-time), under similar requirements.
- EI MDiv Full Scholarship – St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute — Through a partnership with Lancaster Theological Seminary, St. Mary’s Ecumenical Institute (EI) offers an MDiv Full Scholarship for United Methodists to one applicant. Non-winners will be considered for EI’s Patterson Fellows program (offers “significant partial tuition scholarships). The MDiv is started at LTS and the second half completed through a weekend program at EI.
- Full Tuition Scholarships | George W. Truett Theological Seminary | Baylor University — Baylor’s Truett Seminary provides five different full-tuition scholarships (FTS), each for multiple MDiv students meeting the criteria, and each with overlapping but different requirements. While non-Christian students are accepted to Baylor, they are not eligible for these FTS awards. FTS awards: University Ministerial Scholarship (UMS), Dean’s Scholarship, Texas Baptist Leadership Scholarship (TBLS), African American Baptist Scholarship (AABS), Texas Hispanic Baptist Scholarship (THBS).
- Trinity Scholarships – Trinity School for Ministry — Trinity School for Ministry offers full-, 2/3- and 1/3-tuition scholarships based on level of a grad student’s financial need and qualifications. Applications must be submitted year, for renewal. Award is based on credits required, and so a 90-credit MDiv student would receive tuition for 30, 60 or 90 credits.
- Full-Tuition Scholarships | Reformed Theological Seminary — Reformed Theological Seminary has two different FTS scholarships (EPC Jumper and Hughes). Both are for MDiv master’s students and one has a book stipend, the other with an 3+1 scholarship alternative. Applicable to all RTS campuses.
- Ph.D. in Biblical & Theological Studies – Wheaton College, IL|International Student|Multicultural Scholarships — Grad students (approx. six/yr) taking a PhD in Biblical and Theological Studies will receive both a full tuition scholarship and a research fellowship.
- Financial Aid – United Lutheran Seminary — United Lutheran Seminary offers the ELCA Full-tuition scholarship, to cover 15 credits/semester (up to 30 credits/ year) for master’s students “pursuing rostered ministry). Additional awards include the Matching Grants Program, United Lutheran Seminary Grants, Leaders Scholarships, Housing Stipends and others.
- Honors Scholarship | The Master’s Seminary — The Master’s Seminary (TMS) full-tuition scholarship is awarded to up to 10% of incoming grad students in the MDiv program at the Los Angeles campus and is “tenable for up to three years.”
- International Students Scholarships – Heritage Christian University — Heritage Christian University full-time tuition scholarship is intended for international students taking either the undergrad Bachelor of Arts program, or one of the three theological master’s degrees. Award limited to 15 and 12 credits per semester, respectively. Students will pay tuition for excess credits.
- Scholarships – Wesley Biblical Seminary — Wesley Biblical Seminary offers two full-tuition scholarships: Martin Case for United Methodist ministers who are DMin doctorate students; Shepherd Project International for and online international master’s students studying towards an MA Christian Studies.
- Ministry Scholarships – Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary — Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary (GCTS) offers the Partnership Program and International Students full-tuition scholarships for graduate students (Doctor of Ministry and master’s students) at all four GCTS campuses. Note: some are renewable, others automatically awarded for the duration of the degree program (covering all years without requiring renewal).
- Full-Tuition Scholarships | Louisville Seminary — Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary offers a fully-endowed full-tuition Scholarship for Excellence for grad students in either the Master of Divinity or the Master of Arts Marriage and Family Therapy for three academic years maximum, or the Master of Arts in Religion for two academic years max. Any master’s level students not receiving this award receive a 100% Tuition Grant.
- Explore Full-Tuition Scholarship – Eden Theological Seminary — Eden Theological Seminary pays out the Explore full-tuition scholarship to all Master of Divinity students enrolled full-time (6+ credits/semester), who are participating in the Contextual Education Program.
- Full-Tuition Scholarships | Yale Divinity School — Yale Divinity School has several different full-tuition scholarships (Merit, William Sloane Coffin, St. Luke’s) for graduate students, which also provide a $5K living allowance. The first awards three “M.Div and three M.A.R./ Marquand” applicants, with the latter being renewed each year. The other two awards are to one student each and are renewable or renewed annually, respectively.
- St. Maria De Mattias Endowment Scholarships – Newman University — Newman University’s range of scholarships include the Cardinal Newman Scholarship (freshmen, renewable) and the St. Maria de Mattias Endowment Scholarships (graduate, theology) that award full-tuition to select students. See pages for qualification criteria.
- Scholarships for Seminary Students | San Francisco Theological Seminary — San Francisco Theological Seminary (SFTS) provides some form of financial aid to about 85% of select master’s degree students. The Presidential Scholarship, for qualified M. Divinity students, pays 100% of tuition for three years. See site for details on this and other awards.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid | Methodist Theological School Ohio — Methodist Theological School Ohio (MTSO) claims that their full-tuition scholarship for master’s students are earned by one in three students. There are several such FTS awards: Harding Scholarships, Alford Scholarships, Brooke Scholarships, Gordon Canaday Scholarships, Dornette Endowed Scholarships, Walter and Marian English Scholarships, Gall Scholarships, Honors Scholarships, Magee Christian Education Foundation Scholarship, Mason Endowed Scholarship, Morgan Foundation Scholarships, Presidential Scholarships, Van Nostran Family Scholarships, and Zook Scholarship. These award full tuition to one or more students each, and some provide a stipend (as much as $10K annually). Other awards are available as well, including grants.
- Missions Scholarships | Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary — Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS) has the Children of Current Missionaries scholarship for qualifying undergrad and graduate students, which pays 100% tuition for four and three years, respectively (for up to 15 credit hours per semester). SBTS also has an ILC (International Learning Center) /Journeyman scholarship – one for Prep Training that awards 100% tuition for six credit hours, and another for Returning Journeyman students that awards 100% tuition for the 1st year (plus 50% tuition for the 2nd and 3rd years).
- Full-Tuition Honors Scholarship | Campbell Divinity School — Campbell Divinity has at least two types of FTS awards: Church Music master’s; master’s divinity (Campbell Divinity Full-Tuition Honors Scholarship). The first requires an undergrad music degree and >= GPA 3.3. Nomination required.
- Missions Related Scholarships | Southeastern Baptist Theological School — Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS) offers several missions-related grants, including the Missionary Kid (MK) Scholarship, which awards either 25% or 100% of tuition of a first master’s degree, based on selection criteria. Eligible students are those whose parents (either or both) are “active-duty” IMB (International Mission Board) or NAMB (North American Mission Board) missionaries in the field.
- Full Ride Seminary Scholarships | Dallas Theological Seminary — Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS) awards a select number of full-tuition scholarships (FTS) to incoming Master of Theology (ThM) graduate students each year, based on academic merit and Christian service. Award payment is up to four years. Over 100 additional non-FTS awards are available to students, including international and minority students.
- Oral Roberts University/ Quest Whole Person Full Tuition Scholarship — Oral Roberts University (ORU) covers tuition for winning students (grad and undergrad) through their Quest Whole Person Full Tuition Scholarship. Nomination required, but can be requested. Graduate (master’s or doctoral) students apply separately from undergrads, to either the Dean’s Fellow Awards or President’s Fellow Awards, which pay tuition for one year, include a $15K stipend, and are renewable.